Are tax credits available if I get replacement windows in Raleigh?
If you have been paying attention to the news or have had conversations with friends and family then you are probably aware of the energy efficiency tax credits that have been put into place by the federal government in 2022. Most people aren’t aware that the credits are increasing for 2023. At the same time if you have tried to search for any information on the tax credits you have realized that specifics can be hard to find. While we always recommend consulting with your tax professional for these matters we do have helpful information to share with you as your Window Xperts.
Can I get a tax credit for energy-efficient windows?
Homeowners all over Raleigh will have access to the new energy efficiency tax credits beginning in 2023. While these incentives will be around for the next 10 years, the sooner you invest in energy efficiency, the greater your energy savings will be during the summer and winter months. This program is called the Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit and we have included the basics below for you:
- The Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit starts on January 1, 2023
- there will be a federal tax credit in place for exterior replacement windows and doors worth 30% of the total cost of the project
- the credit goes up to $600 for exterior windows
- the credit goes up to $250 for a single exterior door,
- the credit goes up to $500 for all exterior doors. At Window Xperts, we want to help you take advantage of the increased energy tax credit next year. All of our replacement windows and exterior doors (including our Hurricane Windows) are Energy Star Most Efficient rated.
Get up to $600 back on your taxes… by replacing your windows and improving your home in 2023!
New Windows, Fewer taxes… it’s a win-win! Contact us today for an instant quote with our “No Surprises” project price at the end of your consultation – easy and stress-free, every time!
The Window Xperts are here to help.
Before you invest your hard-earned money in upgrades—schedule a free, in-home instant quote with one of our trusted, local experts. You will be able to compare samples from several manufacturers with options and pricing that are right for you. This process can feel intimidating and that’s exactly why you can count on us to be by your side to advise you every step of the way!
Information on ENERGY STAR-rated products:
- Find more information at www.energystar.gov or call (888) STAR-YES/ (888-782-7937)
- Visit ENERGY STAR to see the ENERGY STAR Climate Zone here in Raleigh
Window Xperts does not claim responsibility for determining if your particular purchase or application qualifies for the tax credit. Window Xperts fully recommends that you consult with a professional tax advisor to make sure you qualify for the tax credit.